GAG&CC News updates
Greetings GA Members,
Today, Gov. Jay Inslee announced a partial re-opening of some outdoor recreation activities. As of Tuesday, May 5, some outdoor recreation will be allowed with appropriate safety precautions, including: fishing; hunting; playing golf; and day use at state parks, state public lands managed by the Department of Natural Resources and at state Fish and Wildlife areas. “Outdoor recreation is one of the best things we can do to promote physical, mental and emotional well-being for Washingtonians during a time of great stress and isolation," Inslee said. "And springtime in our state is Washington at its best and people want to be out enjoying outdoor activities in a safe and responsible way. “If we see a sharp uptake in the number of people who are getting sick or are not following appropriate steps, then we won’t hesitate to scale this back again. This is not a return to normal. This is only a beginning phase of relaxing outdoor recreation restrictions.” With that being said, we are absolutely thrilled to say… the golf course will re-open on Tuesday, May 5th.
With the re-open, the temporary new policy will be strictly enforced.
Please take a moment to review the
COVID-19 GOLF COURSE IMPLEMENTATION POLICY
Opening date – Tuesday, May 5th
Tee Times are Required
Foursome ONLY are now allowed
Guests are permitted
Times will be accepted 48 hours in advance by phone only.
GAG&CC’s guiding principle is to implement effective social distancing to keep people safe from COVID-19. We can minimize our risk by modifying our behaviors and activities at the club. The clubhouse remains closed and all social and golf events are cancelled through the end of May. Please report confirmed Coronavirus infection of anyone who has visited the club (member, employee) to General Manager, Eddy Carrell – email@example.com
Effective on Tuesday, May 5th the golf course will be open on the following schedule:
Monday 11:00 AM - Dusk
Tuesday thru Friday 7:30 AM - Dusk
Saturday & Sunday 7:30 AM - Dusk
All golfers must be off the course and the property by Dusk
* Always stay 6 feet from others. Social distancing limits the spread of illness.
* No gatherings before or after golf. This includes the parking lot - No Tailgating.
* Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. In the absence of soap and water, alcohol-based hand sanitizer is the next best choice.
* Do not come to the course if you experience any symptoms of respiratory illness.
* Only Golfing Members with tee times may be at the club.
* Groups of 4 are permitted.
* Tee Times are required. No golfing allowed without a tee time. The last 18-hole tee time of the day will be at 4:00 PM. (approx.) 9-hole tee times will be offered between 2 PM and 4 PM. * The gap between groups will be 12 minutes. * times may vary.
* Do NOT come to the club without arranging for a tee time with the Pro Shop. This also applies to last minute arrangements on the day of play-No walk-ups allowed.
* Tee times will be filled with 2 players unless group is immediate family living in same house.
* The Pro Shop needs the names of all members in your group. If someone in the group cancels, please notify them with the name of the replacement, or say there will be one less player.
* Do not arrive at the course until 25 minutes before your tee time.
* No practicing is allowed. ONLY members who have a tee time may warm up on the chipping green and putting green, using their own balls, within 25 minutes of their tee time.
* Driving range use will be implemented at a later time.
How to make a tee time:
Call Pro Shop – 206.244.3786 – Dan or Jonny during normal business hours.
No voice messages or emails will be accepted for tee times.
Please be prepared with the names of all players in your group.
No earlier than the 2 days before you wish to golf, at Golf Course
On the Course
* Cups on the greens will either have raised cups or have an artificial turf insert which shallows the hole. Do not touch the cup, just retrieve your ball.
* Do NOT touch or remove the flag sticks.
* Sand bottles have been removed. Replace your divots if viable. The greens crew will repair and fill divots.
* Bunker rakes have been removed. Smooth the sand with your feet when exiting the bunker. The greens crew routinely performs mechanical grooming of the bunkers.
Services and Amenities Minimized
* The entire clubhouse is now open. One family per table rule, unless outside.
* Food and Beverage: 206.244.1720 / option #2
* Driving range and putting greens are open to members and members guests only.
* The Pro Shop is staffed - one member or one family per time.
* “Next on the tee” and “On Deck” will be announced.
* A dry erase board may be used to post messages in the Pro Shop window.
* Pro Shop sales: if you want to buy balls, clothing, clubs or other, call the Pro Shop, or talk through the window. Wearing gloves, they will bag up your items and set them on an outside table with your name on them.
* Restrooms: the restroom near the pro shop and on-course restroom will be open during course hours. They will be sanitized daily by the staff.
* Rental carts will have limited use. Single rider only unless both players live in the same household.
* Golf carts will be rented on a first come first serve format.
* No towels will be provided. Soiled towels are an infectious risk to the staff.